It all began as the simple dwelling of a farmer: the house of the Cura was essentially one of the houses normally used by the farmers of the time, with a palm-covered porch that was supported by columns made of palm tree trunks. Under the protection of its shade they carried out the daily chores.
Chaplain Castaño built onto the north wing of the current chapel. To the right of the chapel was a corral for the animals of the Garden.
1919: Juan Orts Miralles made the dwelling larger and added an extra floor, which was accessed by a double side staircase, removing the porch and transforming the yard into a garage.
1942: Above the previous building, Juan Orts Román built the current house, based on the project of the architect Antonio Serrano Peral, made up of three parts: the dwelling, the chapel and the studio house. The upper terrace is topped with an Arab-style cupulin. Stresses on the east facade, an open gallery with palm columns as a support, properly treated and with the reinforced base. We also found the material from the palm wood, at the door of the chapel and at the access door to the house.
The studio house houses the Juan Orts Roman library with almost 5,000 models and the collection of autographs, manuscripts and other items of interest, among which are some excellent models of Valencian Ceramics from the 18th and 19th Centuries. It has been the habitual residence of the owners until 1991, the year of death of María Serrano Barceló, the widow of Juan Orts Román.